Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day!!!!



Today, December 17, 2008, it SNOWED in Henderson, Nevada! Unbelievable!!! Fortunately, the little kids were home from school due to staff development day so they were able to watch it come down and boy did it come down! The City actually closed early and the entire valley is in a state of shock. Curtis has lived in H-town his entire life and never has it snowed like this before .... CRAZY!!!

We all loved it! Watching the kids reminded me of the first big snow I remember in Utah. I was 6 years old when we moved there and I remember I had the most awesomest (if that is a word) faux fur and cordouroy coat (remember Aimee?). My mom took Jason and me on a tobbogen (sp?) down the middle of the street and she screamed the whole way. That was fun..... But what I remember most was how I so rocked that coat!!! ;)

Thanks mom for the memory (and the coat).

4 comments:

Belchlos said...

That is seriously the craziest thing!! Vegas has more snow then Salt Lake. I so remember my coolest rainbow colored moon boots! Oh the good life that was!

jackieonelson said...

WHOA!!!! That is so the most snow that I have ever seen in henderson! I do not remember our first snow in UT being that I was like 2 months old:) so I do not remember the awesomest coat or the rainbow moon boots...but I remember the snow in general and I do remember the big like igloo/tunnel that Dustin built in the front yard one year.And I remember Farah and Jason always using the excuse of not being able to find my snow boots as a reason to stay home from school!

Farah said...

Star, mom fell for that "can't find Star's moon boot" crap everytime!!!!

Holly-girl said...

WOW, Farah, that is unbelievable ... it was neat to see the pics b/c I had just heard about it peripherally and never saw any of the news footage. What a cool treat for your kids and it looks like they loved every minute of it!