Tickets to . . . . . .THE JONAS BROTHERS!!!!!!!!! Now everyone who knows us know our kids LOVE the Jonas Brothers - Marley especially (She thinks she is going to marry Doe Donas). Mackenzie and her friend, Rylie are going to see The Jonas Brothers for her (Mackenzie's) birthday (compliments of her parents). Brody decided that he too wants to see them and of course because it is not his birthday, we will not buy the tix. Bummer for him. Until . . . . . .
He heard you can win tickets in Mix 94.1 on Monday morning. He talked about this all weekend and was determined to win them. Monday morning at about 6:00 a.m, he came into my room with cell phone in hand, radio on, listening to what he was supposed to do to win. Of course, it is not that easy. You have to listen to what time you need to be listening to listen to what time they will tell you to call. Lots of listening!! Long story short, he had to go to school so I told him I would listen and do my best to win. Marley and I took the kids to school and listened all the way. I ran out of the car so I could listen again in the house.
It was about 5 minutes when I heard Mark say "Keep listening. Jonas Brothers tickets coming up next" Hee! Hee! This is it. I had my cell phone and the house phone ready on speed dial. I heard that que to call, picked up both phones and dialed away. It's go time.
Busy signal, after busy signal, I decided to dial the number instead of hitting redial.
What? It's ringing? I am screaming "It's RINGING!!!!!! Marley, It's RINGING!" (She just looks at me and asks me to open her fruit roll-up.)
JC answered and I am shaking and yelling "What caller am I? What caller am I?" He said "What's your name" I told him. He said "How old are you?" totally embarassed because I was screaming over these teeny boppers, I responded "th th thirty-three - But they are for my kids and I will be the mom of the year if I win these tickets". "Hang on" he says "and turn your radio down". That is when I knew. . . . . I won tickets to THE JONAS BROTHERS!!!!!!!
Brody is going to freak when I tell him. I will keep ya'll posted. :)




4 comments:
Farrah ... that is such a great story! I bet you had a ton of fun sharing that piece of good news with Brody. I hope you guys have a fabulous time at the concert! So fun to stay connected with you & your fam in this blogging universe way! :-)
You are so funny! How excited is Brody?!?!
you are so mom of the year!
you added music! Yahoo!
Post a Comment