Friday, November 28, 2008

Just call me "Sue"


Okay. I am soooo my mother. I remember I used to get so frustrated with my mom when we were expecting company because the house would be a disaster and she would focus in on cleaning out her cabinets or vacuuming windows sills or something totally unnoticeable- not obvious cleaning of the living room, bathrooms, kitchen, etc. You know the areas where people will actually be in!
Well here I am 15 years later, expecting company for Thanksgiving. I had the task of preparing a couple salads, mashed potatoes and of course since the festivities were at my house - cleaning. The picture above is a reflection of what my kitchen looked like 4 hours before the fun was to begin. Pretty messy huh? BUT you should take a look at my cupboards and my kids' closets and drawers - they are IMMACULATE!!!!! I was home all week and managed to clean EVERYTHING that NO ONE will see. I am officially Sue.
I must add that although I have occasional ocd, I DID succeed in getting the whole house -including the kitchen - in tip top shape. There is nothing like mastering procrastination. :)

7 comments:

Belchlos said...

We are all just a little bit of Sue I think. I STILL have that load of laundry on my chair. I am just lucky enough for the chair to be in my bedroom.

jackieonelson said...

I talk back to the tv when commercials ask me questions.

Belchlos said...

Starlyn, you seriously just made me laugh out loud really loud. Funny.

Farah said...

Laughing my head off right now at that comment Star.

Farah said...

Laughing my head off right now at that comment Star.

Anonymous said...

How sad is it for me that when I read aimee's comment about we are all just a little bit of Sue...my first thought was, "ya, but mine's in my ASS!" :)

Belchlos said...

ok VERY funny Shelley!